Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Mountains Goats: Power in a Union


Power In A Union from JD on Vimeo.

Everybody knows I don't generally do the acoustic guitar guy rocking political jams deal but as a former member of SEIU 660 & the California Association of Psychiatric Technicians & a kid who benefited from great teachers I wanted to spend tonight saying WE ARE ON YOUR SIDE xo jd

Without trying to make a case for being cooler than I actually am (I should hope this blog will dispel any such notion of me being cool that may have lingered), I have been listening to the Mountain Goats for a really long time. I still remember going to Newberry Comics in Harvard Square to buy Hot Garden Stomp, on tape.  I saw MG for the first time Upstairs at the Middle East just after the album Full Force Galesburg came out (which according to Wikipedia was in 1997, also the year I graduated from High School). The long and short of it is that I really like John Darnielle, I also like Billy Bragg, and I suppose to most of this country I am a Commie Pinko nut ball, so the above video and this Mother Jones article make me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment